Sunday, March 28, 2021

Ideation

 

 Idea generation represents a process of “going wide” in terms of concepts and outcomes. For this part of the design process we used the Crazy 8's method. Using keywords or sketches to record innovation ideas. The goal is to push from our first idea, to produce a wide range of solutions for our challenge. In this process I struggled with the 'going wide' my views were narrowed by restricting them to what I already know or think I know! I found the discussion inspiring and thought provoking, opening up new pathways for me to investigate. 

Interestingly when my MIT colleagues added their stickers to what they thought was a good idea, I was surprised as for me it was not a new idea, it is something we already do in the classroom to support our learners. My idea that I was leaning towards only got one sticker. This is yet another stage in the design process that is making me challenge my own ideas, rethink and tweak my inquiry. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about