Sunday, October 10, 2021

Data Collection Term 3


With the return to level 2, back to school we go. With only a three weeks until we head into the school holidays there is a lot to do. 

Lockdown did give me that elusive thing called TIME to continue to work on my Google site, the finish product of this inquiry but I have to be honest I have not done as much mahi as I should have before lockdown hit in terms of data collection for my inquiry... time to get busy! 

Data collection has always been a challenge for me during this inquiry, how do you collect data on how effective instructions are? How can you tell if the students understand these instructions?  Earlier in the year I interviewed a large group of students across a range of learning needs, I have documented their responses. My next steps are to get the students in our team to fill out a Google form and answer 5 questions all about instructions and compare the responses with the students I interviewed in Term 1. 

The questions for this google form formulated by some year 5 students in our team.


As part of my inquiry I have been working with a group of students with specific learning needs in reading throughout the year. Adapting their multimodal reading slides and making changes around instructions to see if makes a difference. Here is one reading slide I have adapted for a student with severe dyslexia with a reading age of 6.5-7 years, PM reading level 11. In this particular reading slide we had a new student so I ask him to support him in how to use the reading slide. Like any student he loves being a helper and was proud to be sharing his knowledge with another student.  



Next is to do a PM assessment on the reading groups I have been working with this year and compare the results to the mid year data. Exciting times ahead. Better get busy... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about