Sunday, August 29, 2021

Pechu Kucha



Pecha Kucha??? when I first heard this word I thought what on earth is this... I had never heard of it before and was unsure even where to begin.  The thought of 20 slides in 20 seconds to deliver a presentation seemed crazy. I can't believe that you could deliver the key information of an inquiry in this time frame. This was going to be interesting learning for me... best place to start was by researching what a Pecha Kucha was and where the idea came from. 

What is discovered ... Pecha Kucha (Japanese for “chit chat”) is the world’s fastest-growing storytelling platform, used by millions around the globe. Pecha Kucha is what “Show and Tell” always dreamed of becoming.

20 slides. 20 seconds of commentary per slide. That’s it. Simple. Engaging. Spurring authentic connections. Pecha Kucha is the ideal tool to share passions and drop some knowledge. Global innovators like to use the Pecha Kucha platform to create powerful, visually-compelling stories that move audiences in less than 7 minutes.




Ok, that sounds easy... I found this task a little daunting and procrastinated about it for days. I guess it's the fear of the unknown which is a great reminder of how our learners may feel when faced with a new task.  

I broke my inquiry to small chunks and added 20 secs of explanation to each slide. It was great to have Matt (MK) to share it with to get feedback. After a few tweaks I felt it was ready. I just need to practice, practice, practice in the lead up to Rarotonga. 




Super exciting... wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about