Friday, May 8, 2020

DFI Last Day - Week 9


Anytime, anywhere, anyplace!

This is something I have learnt during this DFI course along side with starting a new journey in a collaborative classroom this year. It has always been important to capture those teachable moments but I have learnt many new platforms to deliver this, both teachable moments from my students and myself. The tamariki are so talented and teach me something new everyday. Starting the Manaiakalani facilitation this year in class has seen us learning along side each other. It's been great!

Google Exam - Challenge is on... 

Panic stations kicked in when I realised the day before I had not registered for the exam. It completely slipped my mind as I prepped for my busy week. Thankfully with the support of Maria, Dorothy & Gerhard I was able to get it sorted in time. 

It's been many years since I sat an exam as long as this but to be honest once I got going I thoroughly enjoyed it. The tip to read the questions, check and double check was great. Being aware of the clock ticking down I had to make myself re-read the questions to make sure I understood what they were asking. I completed it using every minute of the time. I answered everyone questions but one - I had bookmarked to go back to and ran out of time. All and all I was proud of my effort and yes I passed! (whew!)

Reflection

As I reflect on the last 9 weeks I am proud of myself and my achievements in light of what can only be described as unforeseen challenges. There were many reasons why I have been successful in my digital learning. 

First, I need to acknowledge the start to our learning year and having Maniakalani facilitation in the classroom with Amie. Although we only had a few sessions before Covid-19 hit, it created an online platform to recap prior learning and learn some tips and tricks with the tamariki. 

Secondly, Maria and the Manaiakalani facilitation team who came to run sessions with the Tairawhiti crew, I valued our face to face sessions and I am glad we made those important connections before we continued our online learning. Proud of us all! 
Bitmoji Image












Thirdly, my team at Kura. I was lucky to have one of my team members join me on this DFI Journey. This has helped as we have shared ideas and problem solved together. Joining this knowledge with our other team member who is a graduate of DFI a few years ago we are set up to continue successful digital learning for our tamariki. 

Finally I need to acknowledge our principal Nik for providing this opportunity and the team at school for the organisation of relievers and all the behind the scenes stuff.  It really takes a village! 

I will continue to use this platform to highlight any new learning or celebrations I have. 

Ngā mihi nui

Janine 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Janine, It has been a fantastic journey. As you say, having the connections already in place made it easier to shift the DFI online.
    Well done you - you are right to be proud to of your achievement.
    Great to hear you are planning to continue sharing and reflecting on your learning in this blog. I look forward to seeing your on-going learning journey.
    Kia kaha,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine,
    It was so exciting to read through your reflection and note all the incredible things to celebrate! You have had a real journey this year and the resilience you've displayed has been fabulous! You have worked hard throughout the whole process and what a massive achievement, to be part of the first DFI cohort online, to have continued, persevered and really shone as you completed with your Google Certified Educator Level 1, as well as being able to proudly display your DFI badge. You are all really rocking the remote learning and the tamariki have been so blessed to have such dedicated and enthusiastic teachers throughout all of this strange and uncertain journey. The continued (virtual) presence of their teachers must have been so reassuring for your tamariki and to have learning continue online was a wonderful accomplishment. No doubt you will continue to do what you've always done and use your knowledge to turbocharge the learning with the children back in class, once school starts back. I look forward to continuing the journey with you and to the challenge of identifying new challenges to set you!
    Ka mau te wehi!
    Amie

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about